Faculty of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi - Junior School
Deputy Head Teacher
Lead Teacher – Upper School
Lead Teacher – Lower School
Lead Teacher – Single subjects
Christine Wairimu N’gang’a
Teaching faculty at the Aga Khan Academy all have a Bachelor’s in Education degree or a Bachelor’s degree with a Post-graduate Certificate in Education, and a minimum of three years’ experience in teaching. Most faculty have a Master’s degree.
Faculty members are encouraged to pursue professional development, and the School provides numerous opportunities to pursue training, including but not limited to:
- IBO workshops held in various international locations;
- In-house curriculum workshops by IBO-certified trainers (most recently held in November 2016);
- Harvard University on-line training for teaching skills enhancement;
- Life Long Learning Programme;
- Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) Professional Learning Workshops.