Aga Khan Academies
At the very heart of our conclusions - is one, central conviction: the key to future progress in the developing world will be its ability to identify, to develop, and to retain expert and effective home-grown leadership.
Tours of the Academy
Tours of the Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad are held regularly throughout the school year by appointment. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
University of Victoria (Canada) announces scholarship for AKA graduate [Read]...
New Edition of the Aga Khan Academies Newsletter [Read]...
Elias Okwara returns to the Academy to speak to current students [Read]...
View photo gallery ( / )
Click on the image above to view the animated PDF
Admission to the Academy
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad has been established to provide exceptional students from all backgrounds with an outstanding education.
Admissions are currently being accepted for the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
The Academy seeks students from pre-primary through higher secondary levels representing a diverse range of racial, economic, cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds. Students should have the ability and motivation to excel academically and should demonstrate leadership in community service and other extra-curricular pursuits.
Admission is competitive and based on student merit, regardless of a family’s ability to pay. The Academy makes every effort to meet the demonstrated financial need of each admitted student.
The Admissions Committee evaluates candidates based on a range of measures and selects those demonstrating a high level of motivation and commitment to learning, a strong sense of integrity, and respect for others from diverse backgrounds.
Successful applicants typically demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A record of outstanding academic achievement or potential
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious
- A strong sense of integrity - the capacity to judge right and wrong and to stand up for one’s principles
- A high level of social awareness, including openness and sensitivity to those of different backgrounds
- The desire to work towards, and instigate, positive change
- Leadership in community service, student government, and/or sporting activities
- Notable accomplishments in the visual or performing arts.
For more information, please contact us