Aga Khan Academies
At the very heart of our conclusions - is one, central conviction: the key to future progress in the developing world will be its ability to identify, to develop, and to retain expert and effective home-grown leadership.
Tours of the Academy
Tours of the Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad are held regularly throughout the school year by appointment. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
University of Victoria (Canada) announces scholarship for AKA graduate [Read]...
New Edition of the Aga Khan Academies Newsletter [Read]...
Elias Okwara returns to the Academy to speak to current students [Read]...
View photo gallery ( / )
Click on the image above to view the animated PDF
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad aims to stimulate the joy of inquiry and learning in students both inside and outside the classroom. Co-curricular programmes, which supplement the academic curriculum and are required of all students, are an important part of the focus on developing well-rounded, balanced individuals.
Students are exposed to regular physical education activities as part of the curriculum, and are given a chance to participate in competitive games and sports that foster team building, independence, confidence, and self-respect.
Sports and physical activities will ultimately include the following:
- Invasion Games* (Football, Hockey, Rugby, Netball, Basketball)
- Striking and Fielding Games* (Cricket, Rounders)
- Racket Sports (Tennis, Badminton, Squash)
- Aquatics (Swimming, Water Polo, Water based Activities)
- Health Related Exercise
* Structured games begin to be taught in Year 3 or 4. In the earlier years, students play adapted versions of the games listed above.