"Using library resources and technology to promote independent learning, critical thinking, creativity and social consciousness among students and faculty members with the aim of helping create engaged, and caring, citizens of the global community."
What's newIn service certificate for English language course
Practical Session for Science Teachers
Participation in Youth Exchange program
ToolsE-mail this page
The Aga Khan Schools, Pakistan are affiliated with the AKU Exam Board and the syllabus is based on the National Curriculum
Play the Aga Khan Education Services Video
Students, both male and female, who expect to pass Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or its equivalent Annual Examination 2009 from any recognized Board / University with a minimum aggregate of 65% marks in Science Group or a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in General Group are eligible to apply for admission.
Prospective students should note that:
- Candidates with SSC General Group are NOT eligible to apply for admission in Science Group (Pre-Engineering and Pre-Medical).
- Candidates who have studied Computer Studies in lieu of Biology in SSC or its equivalent examination are NOT eligible to apply for admission in Pre-Medical Group.
- Candidates who have not passed eight subjects (five compulsory and three elective) in ‘O’ level exams are NOT elegible to apply.
AKHSS, K, offers the following groups as prescribed by the Board of Intermediate Education, Karachi / Aga Khan University Examination Board:
- Pre-Engineering - for students who have taken Science Group in SSC or its equivalent examinations.
- Pre-Medical - for students who have taken Science Group with Biology in SSC or its equivalent examinations.
- Commerce - for students who have taken Science or General Group in SSC or its equivalent examinations.
AKHSS, K, will be offering two year Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Programmes in 3 Groups; i.e. Pre-Engineering. Pre-Medical and Commerce
Groups in Both morning shift and afternoon shift (First Shift and Second Shift).
AKHSS, K, in addition to BIE, K, is also affiliated with AKU-EB. Students will have the opportunity to choose between either of the Boards.
Applicants will have a choice to study either in the First or in the Second Shift. However, the Admission Committee, after considering various aspects, will decide about their placement (in the First Shift or Second shift).
Admission Test will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Provisional admission is given on the basis of merit determined through candidate's result of SSC Part-I or its equivalent examinations, admission test and interview.
After the announcement of annual results of SSC or its equivalent examination 2008 by the Board/University, provisional admission of only those candidates will be confirmed and regularized who have:
- Secured a minimum of 65% aggregate marks in Science Group.
- Secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in General
- Acquired/obtained Equivalence Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
In all matters pertaining to selection of students, fees, evaluation of scholastic performance, discipline and student affairs, decision of the school shall be final.