Settling In: How Parents Can Help
Nursery is often a new experience for children and it takes time for each child to feel comfortable and to develop positive relationships with Centre staff and other children.
Entering a new environment can be an emotional experience for both parent and child. At the AKELC staff work together with parents to make the separation process as easy as possible.
Careful planning and the knowledge that some separation anxiety and tears are normal can make the transition process go more smoothly. Our aim is to settle your child into the nursery environment as soon as possible.
How quickly a child adapts depends on a number of factors, including:
- The child’s age and stage of development,
- The child’s past experiences,
- The skills of the staff, and
- The parent’s ability to prepare themselves and the child for separation.
Parents can help by:
- Becoming familiar with the Centre policies, routines and environment and talk about this with their child each day during transitions between home and school,
- Spending time in the Centre during the first few weeks to comfort their child as needed,
- Reminding their child that they will return to pick them up at a set time, and do this consistently. Children may become quite upset if parents are not prompt,
- Speaking positively about the Centre and the activities so their child can feel safe and secure in their new environment.
AKELC Wins Best Nursery Award in UAE
13 March 2019
| SUCCESS STORY
The Rajmahal Theatre, part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts, was buzzing with excitement on March 7, 2019, bringing together over 850 leading educators from 100 schools across the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the Top School Awards.
[ Read ]
Best Nursery 2019 Award
28 January 2019
We are delighted to inform you that SchoolsCompared.com has reached out to us to inform us that the AKELC has been shortlisted for the ‘Best Nursery 2019’ award.
[ Read ]
AKELC Family Open Day & National Day Celebration
08 November 2018
AKELC is hosting its annual Family Open Day and National Day Celebration on Saturday, 24th November from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Centre in Oud Metha.
[ Read ]